ConventionSouth

JUN 2015

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link: http://conventionsouth.epubxp.com/i/528945

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 13 of 51

⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ J U N E 2 0 1 5 w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m 14 dining or allow for space to be rented out, to allow attendees to get a taste of the local cuisine. This is especially delightful in some of the South's growing foodie cities. One example is Birmingham, Ala., which has garnered national attention from being named No. 1 on Zagat's new list of "America's Next Hot Food Cities." Groups can savor chef Frank Stitt's passion for farm-fresh food at Highlands Bar and Grill. Dilcy Hilley, vice president of marketing and communications at the Greater Birmingham CVB, said "dine-arounds" are popular with groups who want to soak in a little bit of numerous restaurants around the city. And while there are dining rooms that can host large groups, Birmingham chefs prefer to serve their guests on a smaller, more intimate scale, she added. Groups can book Stitt's entire Bottega Restaurant for the evening, or launch out on their own to explore the culinary pleasures of the city, Hilley said. n F O O D I E C I T I E S ABOVE: Food truck rodeo in Durham, N.C. LEFT: Will Harvis III, of White Oak Pastures and Charlie Cowart, of Still Pond Vineyard near Albany, Ga. Durham CVB

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - JUN 2015