ConventionSouth

JUN 2015

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link: http://conventionsouth.epubxp.com/i/528945

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 14 of 51

J U N E 2 0 1 5 ⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m 15 F O O D I E C I T I E S Numerous Southern foodie cities offer cooking classes that provide great teambuilding opportunities outside the ballrooms and meeting spaces. They include: Wok Star Cooking Classes Have you ever wanted to be a wok star? Your dreams can come true with these unique cooking classes in Miami. Wok Star Eleanor Hoh will show you how to cook one-dish dinners using four sea- sonings and a few fresh ingredients, with very little cleanup. For more information, visit www.eleanorhoh.com. Classic Cocktails 101 Learn the basics of crafting classic cocktails from Shannon Healy at Alley Twenty Six, a craft cocktail bar located in downtown Durham, NC. The one-hour class demonstrates the three classic cocktail techniques. For more information, go to www.tastecarolina.net. Casual Gourmet In the Hampton Roads region of Virginia, Casual Gourmet at the Culinary Institute of Virginia offers a custom culinary experience for groups of 10–60 guests. For a look at past events and to gain inspiration, visit www.casual gourmet.com. Langlois If you're in the Big Easy, this restaurant turns into a teambuilding paradise with a fully stocked, state-of-the-art kitchen and culinary- tour event planners. Think Iron Chef, New Orleans style. For more information, visit www.langloisnola.com. Cooking Up Collaboration...

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - JUN 2015