ConventionSouth

OCT 2017

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link: http://conventionsouth.epubxp.com/i/887508

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 16 of 67

O C T O B E R 2 0 1 7 ⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m 17 NEW & RENOVATED Sites In The South! REINVENTING TO STAY RELEVANT By Selena Chavis A Look At What's New & Trending orward looking destinations recognize that they are either progressively moving forward or losing ground. It's been said that nothing stands still, and the appeal of today's trends is quickly replaced by tomorrow's preferences. That's why there is always plenty to talk about in ConventionSouth's annual look at what's new and trending. As John Mayner, vice president of marketing and communications with the Little Rock Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) noted, destinations must keep reinventing so that they don't become "stale." "In my six years, we've been in the midst of ongoing revitalization and development," he adds, emphasizing that planning never stops. "With that kind of reinvestment and new development, it makes us well positioned." From infrastructure investments to innovative ways of servicing and reaching out to meeting planners, destinations across the South are making it happen. Here's a look at new development trends and how some of the South's large and small regions are staying relevant and on the cutting edge. ► F

Articles in this issue

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - OCT 2017