ConventionSouth

APR 2017

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link: http://conventionsouth.epubxp.com/i/810084

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 16 of 59

A P R I L 2 0 1 7 ⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m 17 THE WOW ISSUE INTRO: Historic Elegance WOW FACTOR: Crystal Ballroom DESCRIPTION: In the historic Crystal Ballroom at Mobile, Alabama's Battle House Hotel & Spa, meeting planners and attendees are transformed into royalty as they descend an iconic stairway. The Battle House has been hosting Mobile's top social events since 1852. Neo-Classical in design, the Crystal Ballroom has been restored to vintage colors circa 1908. The ornate work around the crown molding was a common architectural feature and has been painstakingly restored to its former grandeur. The hotel's restoration offers an exceptional WOW! factor for meeting attendees, historians and others seeking exceptional Southern charm. WOW PROFILE: An Amazing Lazy River A new Lazy River with waterslides debuted in November 2016 at the AAA Four Diamond Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa in Bonita Springs, Florida. Offering 85,000 square feet of event space, the new venue follows a $4.1 million renovation to the resort's indoor meeting space in 2016. Meeting planners can now use charming courtyards with fountains, dramatic open spaces with towering palm trees or lakeside grassy lawns for outdoor venues as well as 37,600 square feet of indoor event space. Three acres of poolscape, including a serene adults-only pool and hot tub, and a 19,000-square-foot Stillwater Spa are also part of the 26-acre resort. the WOW FACTOR Mobile, Alabama

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - APR 2017