ConventionSouth

MAY 2017

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link: http://conventionsouth.epubxp.com/i/821049

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 17 of 85

⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ M A Y 2 0 1 7 w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m 16 SMERF MEETINGS Md., home of the SMERF-friendly Wisp Re- sort, work with planners to make sure there are no hidden costs. SMERF planners want an "all-inclusive price," said Jen Durben, heritage area and groups director for the Garrett County Chamber of Commerce, adding, "We can pro- vide site selection assistance, FAM visits for qualified leads and lead distribution to area members, as well as provide area literature for attendees." The Wisp Resort staff's goal is to put SMERF planners at ease by providing help throughout the process. "Wisp Resort's con- ference service manager is in constant contact prior to the event, preparing banquet event or- ders. Once the group leader arrives on property, they provide a pre-con to introduce the group leader/committee to our team that will be tak- ing care of them during their visit and to review any last-minute changes," said Lisa Ratliff, director of sales for Wisp Resort. Baltimore Adaptive Recreation Sports (BARS) held an event at Wisp Resort in Feb- ruary, where the staff made sure the specific needs of those attending were met. "Wisp offers easy access from the hotel to the meeting space to the ski slopes," Ratliff said. ► b o r n t o c e l e b r a t e Y O U R N E X T C O N F E R E N C E W I N A C H A N C E T O V I S I T H I S T O R I C M O B I L E F O L L O W E D B Y A C A R I B B E A N C RU I S E ! F O R M O R E D E TA I L S , G O T O W W W.M E E T I N M O B I L E.O R G Planners: Bring Your A Game by Giving Destinations the Help They Need! Hospitality officials agree that some essen- tials are needed from SMERF event planners to create functions that flow effortlessly. So before your next event, make sure you consider these requests and have the info available when working with your chosen host destination: • Rooming lists • Signed banquet event order • Deposits made on time • At least two previous years of SMERF events history • Detailed agenda of their meeting, including budget and dates • One point of contact who is authorized to make decisions/changes n Garrett County, Maryland Photos courtesy of Garrett County Chamber of Commerce

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - MAY 2017