ConventionSouth

NOV 2016

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link: http://conventionsouth.epubxp.com/i/749322

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 17 of 59

⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ N O V E M B E R 2 0 1 6 w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m 18 THE SOUTH'S MUSIC CITIES WYTHEVILLE MEETING CENTER 9,200 sq. ft. Ballroom • Four smaller Meeting Rooms • Extensive Audio-Visual Technology & Service New Hotels Adjacent • Variety of Approved Caterers Intersection of I-81 / I-77 in Southwest VA! 75% OF OUR CLIENTS ARE REPEAT CUSTOMERS. Southwest Virginia's Most Popular Meeting Location, in one of the prettiest parts of the state! 866-694-8287 • meetings@wytheville.org • Info packet: www.WythevilleMeetingCenter.com JACKSON, TENNESSEE Situated squarely between Memphis and Nashville on Tennessee's "Heart of the Music Highway," Jackson has been the birthplace of numerous notable musicians in the traditional Southern styles of rockabilly, blues and gospel. The famous names of Jackson include Carl Perkins, Sonny Boy Williamson, Big Maybell and Big Joe Turner. Time your visit right and you might catch the annual Shannon Street Blues Festival or the Rockabilly Festival, hosted by The International Rock-A- Billy Hall of Fame. n SAN MARCOS, TEXAS The music found in San Marcos is as individual as the hip little city itself. From small hole-in-the-wall bars to big two-story concerts halls to career launching honky-tonks, you can find live music every night of the week. Music is a natural part of business in San Marcos, too. You'll find acoustic solos in coffee shops, Indie bands in a pizza joint or rock 'n roll and Western swing served up with savory BBQ. Among the city's music venues are Cheatham Street Warehouse, The Marc, Riley's Tavern and KIVA. For dinner and live music, AquaBrew, Crafthouse Kitchen & Tap and Kent Black's BBQ are popular spots. Groups love the extra energy live music adds to their meetings in San Marcos, according to Denise Pardo, CTE, Destination Services Manager at the San Marcos Convention & Visitors Bureau. "Groups can include an acoustic duo at a luncheon for a relaxing networking feel or put a different twist on an off-site event at a rooftop patio or classic car museum with a rockabilly band to get things swinging." n San Marcos CVB Eight Ball Boppers at the Rockabilly Festival

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - NOV 2016