ConventionSouth

MAR 2015

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link: http://conventionsouth.epubxp.com/i/475795

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 17 of 59

⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ M A R C H 2 0 1 5 w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m 18 Helping Hands: Annual CVB Issue S P O N S O R E D C O N T E N T There's a good chance you've seen Raleigh on any number of national "Best Of" rankings, and it's an honor we take seriously—to be praised in the press as one of the best places in the country to live, work, play and meet. Raleigh is a "Can-Do Capital" according to former Newsweek, not to mention Condé Nast Traveler thinks we have one of the most " Amazing State Capitol Buildings." But Raleigh isn't just the political capital of N.C., it's also known for its burgeoning cosmopolitan offerings, making it the "can't miss" cultural and entertainment center of the Southeast. Women's Health ranked Raleigh No. 3 on its list of "Best Cities for Art and Culture," and Forbes calls out the coolness factor by including Raleigh among "Amer- ica's Coolest Cities 2014." Besides museums, performing arts and a progressive culinary scene, the Raleigh area is rising to the top of the lists as a great place to hold a meeting or convention. Business is booming, and with The Research Triangle Park making the area the third-largest biotechnology cluster in the U.S., Forbes was right when the magazine named the a rea No. 2 on its "Next Biggest Boom Towns" list and No. 1 Among Best Places for Business and Careers. Don't just take their word for it. From the time you arrive at RDU International Airport, where CNN says "architecture soars," to the time you host a meeting at the 500,000-square-foot, Silver LEED-Certified Raleigh Convention Center (just steps away from downtown's major meeting hotels), you'll be putting Greater Raleigh on your very own "Best Of" list. n P u t R a l e i g h O n Yo u r ' B e s t O f' L i s t Jana Rae Oliver, Director of Sales, Greater Raleigh CVB J.R. Oliver is a veteran of the hospitality sector with 25+ years' experience selling destinations, including Raleigh since 2007. get to know: (800) 849-8499 or (919) 834-5900 sales@visitraleigh.com http://convention. visitraleigh.com

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - MAR 2015