ConventionSouth

APR 2017

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link: http://conventionsouth.epubxp.com/i/810084

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 17 of 59

MARKET SEGMENT REPORT: MEDICAL & PHARMACEUTICAL MEETINGS ⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ A P R I L 2 0 1 7 w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m 18 THE WOW ISSUE INTRO: Authentic, Original, & Very New Orleans! WOW FACTOR: French Quarter Courtyard DESCRIPTION: The iconic Bourbon Orleans Hotel, a French Quarter treasure, recently completed a multi-million-dollar restoration, positioning the historic property as an upscale haven offering many modern amenities. The grand Orleans Ballroom, complete with large pre-function foyer, anchors this historic event space while the French Quarter courtyard offers a more casual setting and the St. Ann Cottage provides the perfect spot for more intimate gatherings. In addition, the Bourbon Orleans in known for its stellar service and has topped the list of the Conde Nast "Ten Best Hotels in New Orleans." INTRO: Incorporate vacations before & after meetings WOW FACTOR: 32 Miles of Sparkling White-Sand Beaches DESCRIPTION: Alabama's 32 miles of beaches make the coastal communities of Gulf Shores and Orange Beach stand apart from other destinations and venues! Conventions and meetings are hugely successful here because of the location —families incorporate vacations before and after, and there is a wealth of activities to explore while a family member or significant other attends sessions. Other highlights along the Alabama Gulf Coast include fishing, golf, dolphin/nature cruises, sunset sails, Segway tours, paddleboard/kayak rentals and more for off-site activities. Not to be missed are the extensive ongoing enhancements at Gulf State Park, including new paved paths and trails! WOW PROFILE: Bourbon Orleans Hotel of the New Orleans Hotel Collection WOW PROFILE: Gulf Shores & Orange Beach, Ala.

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - APR 2017