ConventionSouth

APR 2016

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link: http://conventionsouth.epubxp.com/i/666001

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 17 of 51

⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ A P R I L 2 0 1 6 w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m 18 THE WOW ISSUE! The 360 Grille at the Marriott Shoals is Alabama's only revolving restaurant sitting 26 stories high and providing diners with the ultimate view while having a true culinary experience. The chefs create seasonal menus and have won hundreds of culinary awards. They have cooked at the prestigious James Beard House and have been fea- tured in Wine Spectator mag- azine year after year for their food and wine experiences. The sunset view at 360 Grille is spectacular especially while enjoying a unique dinner and cocktails. WOW! what a view! By 2017, Houston's downtown convention district will dramatically transform into one of the most dynamic entertainment and hos- pitality campuses in the country. This new convention district will be the only one in Texas with two headquarter hotels connected to a convention facility. The $1.5 billion project includes the new 1,000-room Marriott Marquis, which will connect via skybridge to the north end of the center. The addition will make room for 100,000 square feet of meeting space, as well as a one -of-a-kind Texas shaped lazy river and infinity pool. The existing 1,200-room Hilton Americas-Houston connects via skybridge to the south end of the center and recently opened one of the largest Starbucks in the country that offers the new "Starbucks Evening" service. WOW! transforming a convention district! Visit Houston

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - APR 2016