ConventionSouth

JUN 2015

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link: http://conventionsouth.epubxp.com/i/528945

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 18 of 51

J U N E 2 0 1 5 ⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m 19 145 S. Marietta Street, Gastonia NC 28052 • 704.869.1949 www.GastoniaConferenceCenter.com Corporate Meetings Conferences & Expos Seminars & Trade Shows Social & Holiday Parties Weddings/Receptions S ervice happens here. From corporate meetings to life celebrations... tings e Mee at Corpor eddings/Recep W Social & Holiday P Seminar Conf tions ties ar ws ade Sho r s & T ences & Expos er offers more than 30,000 square feet of flexible meeting space across its 30 meeting rooms, ballroom and 240-seat amphitheater. It was recognized as a 2014 ConventionSouth Elite Conference Center and the hotel has 250 rooms. How Design Elements Enable Learning A n essential requirement for any conference center is that its meeting facilities are conducive to learning, said Bonnie Dominguez, director of sales and marketing for the Sheraton Roanoke (Va.) Hotel & Conference Center. "One of the things we have that puts us in the realm of a conference center is a tiered conference theater with a nice stage and ergonomic seating," she said. "Things like that set us apart." Dominguez added that any facility calling itself a conference center, even if it isn't IACC-certified, should meet certain levels of service and technology. "I would think a property that has, say, 5,000 square feet of meeting space and is a limited-service hotel, shouldn't be called a conference center. But I don't think there's a conference center police department out there setting guidelines for the use of the term 'conference center.'" ‰ C O N F E R E N C E C E N T E R S Located just 30 minutes from Dallas, The Plano Centre has 122,500 square feet of accessible and eco-friendly space for conferences.

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - JUN 2015