ConventionSouth

APR 2015

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link: http://conventionsouth.epubxp.com/i/501303

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 18 of 51

A P R I L 2 0 1 5 ⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m 19 C O R P O R A T E M E E T I N G S Ideas From The Pros Planners share their experiences for high-pressure, last-minute corporate meetings planned on very short lead time. We recently had a group that found the need to ener- gize their team and refocus their goals. The CEO of the company passed away and they wanted to provide re- assurance. We had less than a month to find space and plan unique activities to bring their group together. We selected a unique location (WaterHouse) and planned bonfires, catered lunch to a hospitality suite and even helped them search for a motivational speaker for the weekend. —Nancy Stanley, Director of Marketing, St. Joe Club & Resorts Meeting participants reach their first meeting break, and instead of milling around waiting for the next session, they can head outside the conference center where they find fishing poles and tackle right at their fingertips. A few more steps takes them to a freshwater pond. It's the perfect opportunity to turn an acquaintance into a trusted confidant. Thinking back to yesterday's off-shore fishing trip, they had no idea their leadership team is full of such avid anglers! Cheering on as the VP m ade that tarpon jump was a thrill, but not as exciting as the fight to bring in the 4-foot bonnet head shark! There was a palpable sense of camaraderie at dinner, and participants have felt it energizing the whole morning's board meeting. —Jennifer Slaydon, Senior Coordinator, Marketing Communications, MeadWestvaco/Cabin Bluff Using Special Spaces To Refocus Breaks That Build Camaraderie

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - APR 2015