ConventionSouth

JAN 2017

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link: http://conventionsouth.epubxp.com/i/772173

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 25 of 67

⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ J A N U A R Y 2 0 1 7 w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m 26 Drive-in Destinations Sponsored Content Knoxville, TN: The Drive Is Right Sarah Rowan, Senior Director of Sales Rowan enjoys connecting customers and their groups with the right resources in Knoxville to ensure the highest level of success for their event. Visit Knoxville (865) 342-9156 srowan@knoxville.org meetings.visitknoxville.com ocated at the intersection of I-75, I-40 - within a day's drive of nearly half the U.S. population, Knoxville consistently provides meeting planners with "wow, I had no idea" expe- riences. The city boasts a number of outstanding venues, the cornerstone being the Knoxville Convention Center. Located within walking distance of the UT Campus and Knoxville's vibrant, walkable downtown, this beautiful, 500,000-square-foot facility is pleased to now offer complimentary Wi-Fi throughout all meeting spaces. n L Let us host your next meeting or convention. Visit convention.visitknoxville.com n In downtown Greenville, S.C., sample The World's Best Moonshine or try some Whiskey Girl Butterscotch at Dark Corner Distillery, an award-winning craft micro distillery. Guests can sample six spirits while hearing the history of the products and their unique flavor profiles. The venue is available for private, corporate or large group events. n Fascinated by mermaids? Step into the Mermaid Factory in Norfolk, Va., where you can paint your own hand-made mermaid or dolphin. The studio can accommodate 25 people for corporate or social events and offers complimentary wine. n Drive along the Great Smoky Arts and Crafts Loop near Gatlinburg, Tenn., and stop by unique shops where you can watch skilled artisans fire ceramics and spin pottery right before your eyes. n Racing fans should enjoy The Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing in Ocala, Fla. Featuring about 300 cars in two buildings, the venue chronicles the history of the sport of drag racing and includes many of the Garlits "Swamp Rat" cars. The museum is also home to the International Drag Racing Hall of Fame. n Scenic Drives & Surprising Sites in the South! Road trips offer the chance to veer off the beaten path or make a few stops along the way. Here's a few options to consider when driving through the South for meetings and events. DRIVE-IN MEETINGS

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - JAN 2017