ConventionSouth

APR 2016

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link: http://conventionsouth.epubxp.com/i/666001

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 29 of 51

⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ A P R I L 2 0 1 6 w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m 30 THE WOW ISSUE! While visiting the Tennessee Aquar- ium in Chattanooga, join Captain Pete Hosemann aboard the River Gorge Explorer for an exciting eco tour. Explore the protected habitat of the Tennessee River Gorge while learning about the history and wildlife of the area. The River Gorge Explorer also offers specially-themed cruises that can be enjoyed by groups like some recent tours through the Chickamauga Lock, and the Hiwassee Wildlife Refuge to view the migrating Sandhill Cranes. Some exciting upcoming cruises include Secrets of the Riverbank Cruise in April and the Spring Fling with the Tennessee Aquarium Conservation Institute (TNACI) Cruise in May. WOW! exciting eco tours! The Millennium Center in Winston-Salem, N.C., a former U. S. Post Office and Federal Courthouse, constructed in 1914, offers unique, historic settings for up to 1,500 guests. An example of Greek Revival Beaux Arts Style architecture, the limestone building features 10 colossal columns with Corinthian capitals and boasts 50,000 square feet of space featuring pink marble, green terrazzo and mahogany window casements. The second floor of the building features the original offices of the IRS, FBI, US Marshall, Attorney General, Federal Judges and Armed Forces recruiting and the original Courtroom, Judges Cham- bers and Library are still intact. WOW! An Elegant, Historic Event Center! Tennessee Aquarium

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - APR 2016