ConventionSouth

MAR 2015

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link: http://conventionsouth.epubxp.com/i/475795

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 30 of 59

M A R C H 2 0 1 5 ⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m 31 S P O N S O R E D C O N T E N T Helping Hands: Annual CVB Issue A u s t i n C o n v e n t i o n C e n t e r M e e t s Yo u r N e e d s , D a y & N i g h t When it comes to meetings and conventions, Austin is a city that planners and visitors always agree on. The state-of-the-art infrastruc- ture, innovative meeting spaces and world- class hotels are nestled in the center, and the heart, of the city. The LEED ® Gold Certified Austin Conven- t ion Center is one of the country's most techno- logically advanced facilities. With its cutting edge technology, customized network solutions and complimentary Wi-Fi throughout, the Austin Convention Center is ideal for many events that have detailed and substantial technology needs. The four level facility spans six city blocks and features 369,132 square feet of exhibit and meeting space. There are five contiguous column-free exhibit halls with 247,052 square feet, seven ballrooms ranging from 3,896 to 40,510 square feet, and 54 meeting rooms. The convention center is located in the capital city's downtown business district, just down the street from the city's vibrant nightlife. As the "Live Music Capital of the World," Austin echoes with the sound of Country, Rock 'n' Roll, Blues, Jazz and Tejano in over 250 venues, any night of the week. There are also more than 200 restau- rants in downtown Austin, with a wide culi- nary range and many award winning options. By 2017, there will be more than 10,000 total rooms downtown and 34,000 in the Austin area. The two largest hotels surround- ing the convention center are the Hilton Austin and the JW Marriott Austin. The Hilton Austin, adjacent to the center, offers 800 total rooms, while the just opened JW Marriott is two blocks down the street and provides 1,012 rooms. The Fairmont Austin will open in 2017 across from the center, bringing 1,066 additional rooms. The meeting experience in Austin begins immediately when attendees arrive in the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (ABIA), located a mere eight miles away and less than a 15 minute drive time. Being located in the Live Music Capital of the World ® , travelers to Austin are treated to Music In The Air the minute they step into the terminal. They can catch local musicians at one of several ABIA venues Monday through Friday. There's more to the Austin Convention Center than the building's flexible and practical floor plan and planner-friendly features. The gracious and professional staff's commitment to providing world-class service to its customers brings clients back year after year. n Amy K. Harris, Director of Sales, Austin Convention Center Amy, a University of Texas graduate, has over 20 years of sales experience in the hospitality and meeting industry in both Austin and Boston. (512) 404-4244 amy.harris@austintexas.gov www.austinconventioncenter.com get to know: Learn more on page 2.

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - MAR 2015