ConventionSouth

APR 2015

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link: http://conventionsouth.epubxp.com/i/501303

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 30 of 51

A P R I L 2 0 1 5 ⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m 31 R i c h m o n d R Richmond, the capital of the Commonwealth of Virginia, is a modern city imbued with appealing historicity, evident in the city's astonishing architec- ture that spans from colonial tmes to the 21 st century. It was here in Rich- mond that freedom fighter Patrick Henry delivered his "Give me liberty or give me death" speech the year the American Revolutonary War broke out. This is the city where Thomas Jefferson's Virginia Statute for Religious Free- dom was passed into law. It was also the capital of the Confederate States of America during the American Civil War. Today, it boasts the Common- wealth's largest conventon center and is increasingly recognized as a top tourism destnaton. ‰ By T. Wayne Waters I N S I D E R ' S G U I D E T O V I R G I N I A Richmond Region Tourism

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - APR 2015