ConventionSouth

SEP 2016

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link: http://conventionsouth.epubxp.com/i/729681

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 30 of 59

S E P T E M B E R 2 0 1 6 ⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m 31 L O U I S I A N A The new meeting venue is a reimagined ven- ture at the downtown space previously called The Lyceum. In a new partnership, TradeMark Concepts, which owns and operates Baton Rouge's Blend Restaurant & Wine Bar along with The Edible Event, is going to serve as the food and beverage arm for the operation, which will continue to be managed by Nu Vieux Hos- pitality, the outfit that manages Baton Rouge's downtown Hotel Indigo. The TradeMark facil- ity will have room for about 350 patrons and is already taking bookings. The second location of an upscale steak restaurant in Baton Rouge, Stab's, is also on the horizon. Additional Baton Rouge Meeting Spaces • Baton Rouge River Center: 200,000 square feet of meeting space; 19 breakout rooms; 30,000 square feet of column-free floor space; 10,400-seat arena; 1,900-seat Theatre for the Performing Arts • Crowne Plaza Executive Center Baton Rouge: 32,000 square feet of meeting and event space; 17 meeting rooms; three ball- rooms; 295 guest rooms • Baton Rouge Marriott: 30,000 square feet of meeting space; 25 event rooms; 18 break- out rooms; 295 guest rooms • Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center: 20,000 square feet of event space; 290 guest rooms; adjacent to the Shaw Center and the River Center Convention Center Cajun Coast (Morgan City/Franklin) Located between Baton Rouge to the east and Lafayette to the west, Cajun Coast offers an au- thentic Cajun experience and outdoor activities ranging from swamp tours to bird watching. The area is home to the Bayou Teche National Wildlife Area and also the Atchafalaya Na- tional Heritage Area. The larger cities on the Cajun Coast are Morgan City and Franklin. Morgan City Auditorium offers 10,000 square feet of meeting space and Morgan has five pri- mary hotels. Franklin's historic district has more than 400 noteworthy properties, many of which are listed on the National Register of Historic Places, including the Grevemberg House Mu- seum, an authentically restored town home of the mid-1800s. Franklin has two primary hotels. Houma The Houma Area CVB, located in the Loui- siana Bayou Country, opened its new inter- pretive visitors center in July. A sleek, stylish 3,700-square-foot glass and steel building, it's filled with interactive exhibits and has compel- ling natural elements outside. The Houma-Terrebonne Civic Center is a 100,000-square-foot facility with 37,000 square feet of flat floor space to accommodate up to 2,500 banquet style or up to 5,000 with its flexible retractable seating. An adjacent meeting-room wing can accommodate up to 1,000 people and can be divided into five rooms. Visiting a community on business, however, doesn't have to be all business and visitors to Houma have some intriguing recreational op- portunities: tours – by boat or on foot – through the beautiful cypress swamps in the area, visits to the Bayou Terrebonne Waterlife Museum, or guided cultural tours that introduces groups to alligator hunters, fur trappers or net makers. New Orleans Louisiana's big city just keeps getting bigger and better and more and more fun! The city has a way of getting the creative juices flowing, as noted by Cara Banasch, MBA, senior vice president of Business Development & Strategy Baton Rouge Zoo LO U I SI A N A ' S N O R THSHO R E LO U I SI A N A ' S N O R THSHO R E come see what's brewing ee come see what's brewing wh come see what's brewing Strategy. Solutions. Creativity. High Spirits. egy Strategy. Solutions. Creativity. High Spirits. io Strategy. Solutions. Creativity. High Spirits. C Strategy. Solutions. Creativity. High Spirits. That's what's brewing in St. Tammany. s That's what's brewing in St. Tammany. w That's what's brewing in St. Tammany. a That's what's brewing in St. Tammany. Meet on the Northshore and bring your appetite – for great Louisiana cooking, and for living. Only 45 minutes from New Orleans. come see what's brewing 800-634-9443 • www.LouisianaNorthshore.com/cs

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - SEP 2016