ConventionSouth

JUL 2016

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link: http://conventionsouth.epubxp.com/i/701715

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 32 of 59

J U L Y 2 0 1 6 ⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m 33 Small Markets...Big On Meetings! Sponsored Content iscover unparalleled meeting amenities at The San Luis Resort, Spa & Conference Center, a year-round beachfront resort on Galveston Island. A recipient of the AAA Four Diamond Award ® since 1999, the 32-acre property offers lavish accommodations, breathtaking Gulf views, and unmatched personalized service. The 40,000 square-foot, IACC Certified conference center contains 16 meeting rooms offering the latest in communications technology including high-tech lighting, acoustics and audiovisual equipment. The center also features sleek, comfortable seating, individual climate controls and tackable wall surfaces, creating environments perfectly suited for meetings and small group discussions. The conveniently located Conferee Lounge offers a sophisticated space for relaxation and comradery. With billiards, shuffleboard, card tables, flat-screen TVs, sofas and a permanent bar, the space is the perfect area for gatherings, poker tournaments, cocktail parties or watch parties. Visiting groups have multiple options for accommodations, from the all new Villas at The San Luis Resort to VIP floors, the elite "Club Ten," and enhanced guest rooms. The San Luis Resort, Spa and Conference Center offers seemingly endless recreation options for meeting, convention and special event groups. Outside- the-box teambuilding activities are customizable to groups of all sizes and are designed to enhance the overall meeting experience. A group favorite is the Iron Chef event, which allows groups the chance to break into teams and work with an award-winning San Luis Resort chef to create five-star quality meals. Teams compete against one another, and the chef chooses the winner. Another popular choice is Michelangelo and Meatballs, a laid-back event that includes a painting lesson, house wines or mimosas and a chef-selected buffet meal from Grotto. With limitless group options, from mixology classes to sandcastle building, painting classes, luaus, pairing dinners, discounted Pleasure Pier passes and golf outings, the resort truly offers an activity for every interest. n D Experience The San Luis Resort Galveston Steven DeFelice Regional Director of Sales Steve has more than 25 years of experience in the hospitality industry and oversees The San Luis Resort, Spa & Conference Center, The Villas at The San Luis, Hilton Galveston Island Resort, Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On the Beach and the Galveston Island Convention Center. The San Luis Resort Spa & Conference Center (409) 740-8602 sdefelice@ldry.com www.sanluisresort.com T H E S A N L U I S R E S O R T W H E R E T H E COAST L I N E I N S P I R E S YO U R B OT TO M L I N E 8 0 0 . 4 4 5 . 0 0 9 0 | s a n l u i s re s o r t . c o m | 5 2 2 2 S e a w a l l B o u l e v a rd , G a l v e s t o n , T X 7 7 5 5 1 · The San Luis Hotel, Spa & Conference Center is a fully accredited IACC conference facility · State-of-the art audio-visual technology · Customizable, out-of-the-box team building exercises for groups of all sizes · Our sales team can coordinate a complete meeting package at any of our meeting facilities · Unparalleled views of the Gulf with two-story floor-to-ceiling windows · Less than an hour drive from Houston

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - JUL 2016