ConventionSouth

APR 2017

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link: http://conventionsouth.epubxp.com/i/810084

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 32 of 59

A P R I L 2 0 1 7 ⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m 33 F L O R I D A historic Casa Monica Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection, dates from 1888. It offers 138 guest rooms and 12,000 square feet of function space in nine meeting rooms. Daytona Beach The big news in Daytona Beach is the opening of the 200-room Westin Daytona Beach Resort & Spa in Fall 2017, according to Linda McMahon, director of group sales for the Daytona Beach CVB. The hotel will be Daytona Beach's first four-star hotel and will feature 19,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor event space. "We're excited about a lot things going on in Daytona Beach," McMahon said. "The area is investing nearly $2 billion in renovations and construction." McMahon said the Hilton Oceanfront Resort is completing a major renovation of guest rooms, meeting space and public areas. The Daytona International Speedway completed a $400 million project, adding 16 new break rooms and other event spaces to now total more than 120,000 square feet. "Corporate groups love meeting at the Speedway," she said. "They can either stay in hotels near there or stay on the beach with quick transportation to the speedway. Also new is One Daytona, a mixed-use retail, dining and enter- tainment destination just across the road from the speedway." ► Main Street Pier in Daytona Beach

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - APR 2017