ConventionSouth

APR 2015

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link: http://conventionsouth.epubxp.com/i/501303

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 33 of 51

w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m E D I T O R ' S HOT PICKS RICHMOND offers a modern, urban setting, with attractions ranging from historical sites to NASCAR race tracks to craft beer venues. Situated along the James River, it's also well suited for outdoor activities, such as stand-up paddleboarding, white water rafting, rock climbing and bicycle riding. TOP PICKS: Greater Richmond Convention Center (804) 783-7334 www.richmondcenter.com "The Greater Richmond Convention Center…state-of-the-art, contemporary, service-oriented… accommodating events from 12 to 12,000 expertly." Richmond Raceway Complex (804) 228-7506 www.richmondracewaycomplex.com "Richmond Raceway Complex is more than just racing! Our unique venues range from Exhibition Halls to our exec- utive level suite, The Torque Club." FOLLOW UP: Petersburg Department of Tourism www.petersburgva.gov Richmond Region Tourism www.visitrichmondva.com RICHMOND IN-DEPTH Visit www.ConventionSouth.com for more about Richmond through our interactive Insider's Guide with maps, videos more. R I C H M O N D ⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ A P R I L 2 0 1 5 34 THE RICHMOND RACEWAY COMPLEX The Richmond Raceway Complex at the Richmond International Raceway (RIR) offers perhaps the most unique and versatile special-event venue in Richmond. Only 10 minutes from downtown, the facility has more than 150,000 square feet of exhibition and meeting space and a 6,000-seat covered amphitheater. "We really take pride in being a unique venue," said Megan Hazzard, senior manager of event sales and service for the Richmond Raceway Complex. "It's not just another hotel ball- room where you feel like you could be in any city. You're here at Richmond International Raceway on our 1,100 acres, maybe in the Torque Club where we do a lot of corporate events. It has a whole wall of windows where you overlook the racetrack. Even if you're not a race fan, you'll like the uniqueness of it." RIR offers other activities and spaces for corporate events. The Corporate Hospitality Pavil- ion is an indoor, climate-controlled area that can accommodate up to 1,500 guests. If visiting during a race, special activities can include the use of luxury suites. n Travis Fullerton Sydney and Frances Lewis Galleries of Modern and Contemporary Art at the Virginia Museum of Fine Art Richmond International Raceway

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - APR 2015