SEP 2015

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link:

Contents of this Issue

Page 33 of 59

⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ S E P T E M B E R 2 0 1 5 w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m 34 L O U I S I A N A one of Travel and Leisure's top 10 All Ameri- can Vacations for 2015. We invite you to host your meeting with us to experience all the ac- colades first hand, where our convention staff will treat you with the warmth and hospitality that the Cajuns and Creoles are known for." Lafayette boasts many museums, including LARC's Acadian Village, Vermilionville, Jean Lafitte Acadian Cultural Center, St. John Cathedral Museum, Alexandre Mouton House/Lafayette Museum, Lafayette Science Museum, Children's Museum of Acadiana, Acadiana Center for the Arts and University Art Museum. Most of these offer limited event space. Lafayette's hotel profile is growing. Due to open by the end of 2015 are a Holiday Inn and a Home2 Suites by Hilton. The Doubletree La- fayette by Hilton just completed a $14 million renovation and The Wyndham Garden is com- pleting renovations to the lobby and sleeping rooms. Lafayette meeting space: • Cajundome Convention Center: Named for the University of Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajun sports teams and located ad- jacent to the multipurpose Cajundome, the Cajundome Convention Center offers nearly 100,000 square feet on two levels • Cajundome: A 40,000-square-foot arena � 800-634-9443 Louisiana' s Nort shore Small towns. Big luxuries. In St. Tammany Parish, our Sout ernhospitality makes planning your meeting easy. But it's our one-of-a-kind experiences after the agenda that make the trip truly unforget able. Lake Charles-Creole Nature Trail Adventure Point

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - SEP 2015