ConventionSouth

JUL 2015

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link: http://conventionsouth.epubxp.com/i/541079

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 35 of 59

⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ J U L Y 2 0 1 5 w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m 36 Small Markets...Big On Meetings! Sponsored Content Sponsored Content Small Markets...Big On Meetings! The staff at the McKinney Conven- tion & Visitors Bureau strives to assist you, the meetings profes- sional, in planning meetings, work- ing retreats, or any other event you might like to host in North Texas. Located a mere 30 miles north of Dallas, McKinney offers the close proximity to the big city without the hustle-bustle. McKinney is an easy drive from either Dallas Love Field or Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport. For those association professionals who travel by private or charter aircraft, McKinney National Airport (McKinney TKI), is located just five minutes from the historic downtown square. McKinney's quaint atmosphere, lush surroundings, large and beautifully renovated historic district, and tremendous growth offer visitors a wide variety of venues for meetings and events. Visitors to McKinney often share with us their experiences with our city's unique historic charm, eclectic shopping, dining and cultural offerings, and beautiful, tranquil sur- roundings. This blend of historic preservation and new development also provides McKinney with a nice mix of meeting and event venue options, from the historic to the technically- appointed, to meet the unique needs of each association professional. Among the complimentary services we provide to meeting and event planners are: • Bid proposals and invitations • Site visits • Hotel rate negotiations/room block reservations • Delegate packets/information booth • Registration assistance • Welcome speeches • Speaker and entertainment options • Tours and step-on guides • Promotional assistance to media • Welcome bags for your delegates/attendees Contact us today or visit our website to submit an online RFP. We also invite you to access the online PDF version of our Meeting Planners Guide where you will find everything you need to plan your meeting or event in McKinney. We look forward to assisting you in hosting your memorable event in McKinney, Texas. n T McKinney Offers Mix of Historic & Modern Venues Dee-dee Guerra Executive Director Dee-dee has been with the McKinney CVB since 2007 and has been the executive director since 2012. She was previously the organization's Tourism Sales Manager. McKinney CVB (888) 649-8499 dguerra@visitmckinney.com www.visitmckinney.com Specializing in Small Market Meetings & Events Our McKinney CVB sales staff is eager to assist you in securing the perfect venue for your meeting or event. Scan the QR code to submit an RFP & for a special offer for readers of Convention South 888-649-8499 V i s i t M c K i n n e y .com Sheraton Hotel & Conference Center Now Open in McKinney

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - JUL 2015