SEP 2015

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link:

Contents of this Issue

Page 35 of 59

⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ S E P T E M B E R 2 0 1 5 w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m 36 L O U I S I A N A Your Northshore Harbor Center For the events in our lives 100 Harbor Center Blvd. • Slidell, LA 70461 • (985) 781-3650 • It's a simple calculation. 18,000 square feet of column-free exhibit space + shift-shape walls + drive-in ramp with 18 foot doors + competitive prices, a remarkable staf & a great location = Infnite possibilities See you there. Some 250 miles northwest of New Orleans, be- tween Alexandria and Shreveport, sits a small city imbued with history and with an enduring connection to stage and screen that's summed up in two indelible words: "Steel Magnolias." Natchitoches is where the popular play was written and the film adaptation shot. "Natchitoches, Louisiana, is not your ordi- nary meeting destination," noted Arlene Gould, executive director for the Natchitoches CVB. "Nestled in the heart of the city known as the oldest permanent settlement in the Louisiana Purchase, you can experience 33 blocks of countless historic homes, churches, restaurants and the Natchitoches Events Center with more than 18,000 square feet of meeting space, all located in the National Historic Landmark District. Natchitoches is also home to the Cane River National Her- itage Area, which has the largest collection of Creole architecture in North America, and 35 miles of plantation country river landscape." Nearby, the Melrose Plantation, built in 1833, is a National Historic Landmark. The Louisiana Sports Hall of Fame and Northwest Louisiana History Museum is another appealing Natchitoches attraction. It includes more than 27,000 square feet. Contact: B R E A K O U T S P O T L I G H T : NATCHITOCHES Steel Magnolias Bed & Breakfast

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - SEP 2015