ConventionSouth

JUN 2015

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link: http://conventionsouth.epubxp.com/i/528945

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 36 of 51

J U N E 2 0 1 5 ⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m 37 ROYAL TREATMENT IN THE QUEEN CITY This state-of-the-art airport has every modern convenience, more than 700 daily departures, and is just seven miles from the Charlotte Convention Center and the friendly, walkable Center City area. There are more than 4,100 hotel rooms within walking distance of the convention center, and an array of unique dining and nightlife options, including nearly 100 restaurants, cultural venues and museums, as well as a vibrant nightlife scene. I N S I D E R ' S G U I D E T O Charlotte C BY SABE FINK Meeting planners choose Charlotte year after year for convenience, for accessibility, for amenities and for the very real sense of South- ern hospitality that abounds in The Queen City. The easily navigated Charlotte Douglas International Airport is a hub for US Airways, which offers nonstop flights to and from more than 130 destinations across the globe. This state-of-the-art airport has every modern con- venience, more than 700 daily departures, and is just seven miles from the Charlotte Conven- tion Center and the friendly, walkable Center City area. There are more than 4,100 hotel rooms within walking distance of the conven- tion center, and an array of unique dining and nightlife options, including nearly 100 restau- rants, cultural venues and museums, as well as a vibrant nightlife scene. Charlotte has all the advantages of a first-tier city without the hassles, making it an attractive meetings destination, according to Mike Butts, vice president of sales and executive director of Visit Charlotte. "From hundreds of afford- able flight options and ease of accessibility at Charlotte Douglas International Airport to a wide array of economical hotels all within walking distance of the Charlotte Convention Center, Charlotte brings tremendous value to the table," he said. The partnership between Visit Charlotte and the Charlotte Convention Center, both part of the Charlotte Regional Visitors Authority (CRVA), allow planners to interact with one company to fulfill multiple needs. For ex- ample, the CRVA also operates the NASCAR Hall of Fame. "Our city and the Charlotte C H A R L O T T E S K Y L I N E Beautiful sunsets over downtown Charlotte usher in evening adventures at area restaurants, entertainment venues and late-night hot spots. Photos courtesy of Visit Charlotte N O R T H C A R O L I N A

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - JUN 2015