ConventionSouth

MAR 2015

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link: http://conventionsouth.epubxp.com/i/475795

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 36 of 59

M A R C H 2 0 1 5 ⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m 37 S P O N S O R E D C O N T E N T Helping Hands: Annual CVB Issue M u s k o g e e — A P l a c e W h e r e I t ' s H i p T o B e R e a l . . . R E A L O K I E REAL OKIE Muskogee is a burly, boot- strapping town that believes living free is worth fighting for. Muskogee served as a crossroads to almost everything, bringing t ogether cowboys and Indians, outlaws and lawmen, slaves and freedmen, oil tycoons and roughnecks, even hippies and manly men. Muskogee is the capital of Okie Nation, a place where it's hip to be real—REAL OKIE. The Muskogee area offers amenities with endless possibility. Factor in an abundance of opportunities for outdoor recreation—think lakes, rivers, golf courses, and festivals. We'll even throw in a beautiful park of blooming azaleas (or twinkling lights), a rich musical history, native culture and art, and even a submarine! Then, just add a serving of barbeque and you've got a meeting & event destination that no one can resist and everyone will remember. Our variety of unique venues offer some- thing for every occasion—a historic movie theater, an old train depot, charming bed & breakfasts, down-home restaurants, a recently renovated civic center, and the best hotels. Muskogee is also in the ideal geographic location, just off a major highway system and only 50 miles from Tulsa International Airport. The Greater Muskogee Area Chamber of Commerce & Tourism can help you find event facilities that suit your unique needs. Hospitality services such as planning and a dvertising assistance are also offered. The Chamber of Commerce & Tourism is your one-stop-shop for everything Muskogee! Let us help you plan your next event in Muskogee! For more about what Muskogee has to offer, go to VisitMuskogee.com. Looking for a ssistance in planning your event? Email us at info@muskogeechamber.org or give us a call at 866.381.6543. n (918) 682-2401 or (866) 381-6543 treasure@muskogee chamber.org www.visit muskogee.com get to know: Treasure McKenzie, CTE, President & CEO, Greater Muskogee Area Chamber of Commerce & Tourism Treasure has a bachelor's in Business Adminis- tration from Northeastern State University, is a graduate of the Chamber Management Institute, and holds distinction as a Certified Tourism Executive. She began her career at the Muskogee Chamber in 1999.

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - MAR 2015