ConventionSouth

NOV 2016

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link: http://conventionsouth.epubxp.com/i/749322

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 38 of 59

N O V E M B E R 2 0 1 6 ⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m 39 Alabama E V E N T P L A N N E R ' S G U I D E T O AL D O W N T O W N H U N T S V I L L E The second-largest metropolitan area in Alabama, Huntsville, greater Madison County and surround- ing communities are a testament to the Southern traditions of hospitality, curiosity and fun. Home to the U.S. Space & Rocket Center and the Von Braun Astronomical Society's planetarium and ob- servatory, as well as the Historic Huntsville Depot, Alabama Constitution Village and Burritt on the Mountain, . Huntsville is simultaneously one of Ala- bama's most progressive and historically rich cities. BY D. FRAN MORLEY Beauty, History and Adventure Alabama is a state rich in experiences to savor. You can tour Native American heritage sites and visit antebellum homes, enjoy interactive rocket exhibits in Huntsville and have a party on the deck of a World War II battleship in Mobile, travel to Civil War sites and to Civil Rights landmarks, hike the mountains and waterfalls of northeastern Alabama or relax on the beaches of the Gulf Coast. And, at all these place and many others there are a variety of meeting facilities for all types of events. Huntsville Part of a fast-growing cosmopolitan city, the Huntsville/Madison County Convention & Visitors Bureau was recognized as Alabama Tourism Organization of the Year at the 2016 Alabama Governor's Conference on Tourism. In 2015, nearly three million visitors to the area had an economic impact of $1.13 billion, according to news on the CVB website. Hunts- ville was also selected as the site for the 2017 TBEX North America conference, the world's largest conference for travel bloggers, journal- ists, online content curators and other travel in- dustry professionals. The event will take place May 4 – 6, 2017, at the Von Braun Center, the city's downtown convention center that has more than 170,000 square feet of flexible meet- ing, exhibit and performance areas. Located in the nation's second-largest tech- nology research park, Jackson Center is ► Courtesy Huntsville CVB

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - NOV 2016