ConventionSouth

SEP 2017

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link: http://conventionsouth.epubxp.com/i/876668

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 40 of 67

S E P T E M B E R 2 0 1 7 ⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m 41 L O U I S I A N A • Mercedes-Benz Superdome: interior space allowing four 19,000-square-foot ball- rooms; seating for more than 70,000 in the stadium • The Opening Act at Champions Square: 12,000 square feet of interior space with built-in stage for concerts, community events, festivals and private special events • Smoothie King Center: 19,000-seat facil- ity; 21,250 square feet of floor space • Sheraton New Orleans Hotel: 106,000 square feet of meeting space; 1,110 guest rooms and 53 suites • Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans: 32,000 square feet of meeting space; 693 guest rooms • Hotel Monteleone: 570 guest rooms; 25,000 square feet of meeting space • Royal Sonesta New Orleans: 483 guest rooms; 21,000 square feet of meeting space • Le Méridien New Orleans: (completed a $29 million renovation in 2015) 410 rede- signed guest rooms; 20,000 square feet of meeting space • InterContinental New Orleans: 479 renovated guest rooms; 12,000 square feet of meeting space • Hyatt Centric French Quarter: 254 guest rooms; 10,600 square feet of meeting space • Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome: 293 guest rooms; 7,300 square feet of meeting space • Maison Dupuy Hotel: 200 guest rooms; 6,169 square feet of meeting space • New Orleans Hotel Collection (See Break- out Spotlight on page 40) Jefferson Parish Jefferson Parish stretches from Lake Pon- tchartrain to the Gulf of Mexico alongside New Orleans. Gretna, Kenner, Harahan, Harvey and Westwego are its most prominent cities. Home to the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport, this area offers 250,000 square feet of meeting space, includ- ing two convention centers, and 8,000 hotel rooms. There are also a number of other unique event venues, including the Bayou Barn, a rustic barn and outdoor area with space for banquets, dancing and other activ- ities, which specializes in Cajun and Creole cuisine and can host 288 in the enclosed pavil- ion or up to 900 on the entire grounds. ► L O U I S I A N A ' S N O R T H S H O R E L O U I S I A N A ' S N O R T H S H O R E come see what's brewing Strategy. Solutions. Creativity. High Spirits. That's what's brewing in St. Tammany. Meet on the Northshore and bring your appetite – for great Louisiana cooking, and for living. Only 45 minutes from New Orleans. come see what's brewing 800-634-9443 • www.LouisianaNorthshore.com/cs Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - SEP 2017