ConventionSouth

APR 2015

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link: http://conventionsouth.epubxp.com/i/501303

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 40 of 51

A P R I L 2 0 1 5 ⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m 41 date 200 seated for a buffet dinner or 300 for a reception and the Educator Training Facility seats 70 classroom style or 128 in its auditorium. Huntsville also has two smaller conference centers. The Bevill Conference Center & Hotel on the University of Alabama in Huntsville (UAH) campus features 100 guest rooms and nearly 16,000 square feet of varied meeting space, as well as an on-site restaurant and catering. Jackson Center, a conference c enter located in the Cumming Research Park near the UAH campus, features more than 13,000 square feet of meet- ing space. HUNTSVILLE'S HOTELS There are more than 6,000 hotel rooms in Huntsville, hundreds of them within walking distance of the centrally located VBC. The 295- room Embassy Suites Huntsville Hotel & Spa is connected via a sky bridge to the VBC. The downtown property features a 10-story atrium and a 4,800-square-foot ballroom, along with a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse and Spa Botanica. It won a 2014 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excel- lence Award. The 290-room Marriott Huntsville is on the grounds of the city's other outer-space-related attraction, the U.S. Space & Rocket Center. The property features the chain's "Great Room" lobby, two full-service restaurants and 12,500 square feet of meeting space in 13 meeting r ooms, and six breakout rooms. The pet-friendly 210-room Westin Huntsville, a 2014 ConventionSouth Readers' Choice Award-winning hotel, is located at the city's Bridge Street Town Centre, an upscale enter- tainment and retail development located by a five-acre lake. The Centre offers 70 upscale retail shops,16 restaurants and a 14-screen the- ater, along with gondola rides, pedal boats, and lakeside performances. The Westin Huntsville provides 13,000 square feet of meeting space. n Sam & Greg's is a popular downtown Huntsville eatery. H U N T S V I L L E

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - APR 2015