SEP 2015

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link:

Contents of this Issue

Page 40 of 59

S E P T E M B E R 2 0 1 5 ⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m 41 THE SOUNDTRACK OF AMERICA Known for its rich music scene and famous music venues, Tennessee also offers the sounds of nature, from rushing rivers to splashing waterfalls. Additionally, there are the echoes of history, from ancient cultures to frontier days to the Civil War and Civil Rights eras. E V E N T P L A N N E R ' S G U I D E T O Tennessee K N O X V I L L E M A R K E T S Q U A R E In the heart of downtown, this historic trading spot is now a popular venue for outdoor events. TN BY D. FRAN MORLEY Bruce McCamish/ "Tennessee should be top of mind for convention and meeting planners," said Cindy Dupree, public relations director, Tennessee Department of Tourist Develop- ment. "With three regions and four major cities – Chattanooga, Knoxville, Nashville, and Memphis – and space ranging from Nashville's 1.2 million-square-foot Music City Center to the new LeConte Center at Pigeon Forge, the state has great options for every planner." "Beyond state-of-the-art meeting spaces, Tennessee's proximity to two-thirds of the U.S. population along with the state's cel- ebrated tourism assets are also important factors for convention planners," she con- tinued. "Still, Tennessee has an even higher benchmark, which is our state's commitment to true Southern hospitality. That is at the heart of a Tennessee convention and what sets our state apart as a premiere convention and meeting destination." From east to west, Tennessee unfolds as three distinct regions, each with its own character and unique attractions, and each with reasons why it's a prime location for any event. ➤

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - SEP 2015