ConventionSouth

APR 2017

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link: http://conventionsouth.epubxp.com/i/810084

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 40 of 59

A P R I L 2 0 1 7 ⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m 41 F L O R I D A The award-winning Shingle Creek Golf Club at Rosen Shingle Creek now features an in- novative redesign, courtesy of Arnold Palmer Design Company, and a new covered pavil- ion. Less than a mile away and connected to the Orange County Convention Center, Rosen Centre and Rosen Plaza provide guests complimentary round-trip transportation to the course. Rosen Centre's popular Harry's Poolside Bar & Grill is now offering its gourmet fusion of Caribbean Cuban cuisine for breakfast. Rosen Plaza's 3NINE turnkey entertainment venue is available for buyouts. For exciting opportunities, visit RosenHotels. com/ROI to learn more about the Rosen Dif- ference and how the company tailors conces- sions to exceed its clients' planning needs. n B R E A K O U T S P O T L I G H T : Rosen Hotels & Resorts Harry's Poolside Bar & Grill Contact: www.rosenhotels.com Rosen Plaza's 3NINE ror Park offers a historic promenade, amphithe- ater and pedestrian walkways. Hollis Garden is a breathtaking formal garden that showcases more than 10,000 flowers and indigenous plants. Additionally, Polk County features several meeting and event sites. Westgate River Ranch Resort & Rodeo is a 1,700-acre authentic dude ranch, suitable for conferences and retreats, with 10,000 square feet of meeting space and 150 guest accommodations. Resort activities include horseback riding, cattle drives, airboat and swamp buggy rides, trap and skeet shooting, fishing, hayrides and more. The River Ranch Saloon and 1,200-seat rodeo area provide unique special-event locations for meetings. Accommo- dations range from hotel rooms and cottages to glamping and luxe teepees. Streamsong Resort features 216 guest rooms, casual and fine dining, a full-service spa, 22,000 square feet of meeting space and a rooftop pa- vilion. In addition to 35 holes of golf designed by Bill Coore, Ben Crenshaw and Tom Doak, the property includes The Clubhouse, with 12 guestrooms, 4,500 square feet of meeting space, a lounge, golf shop, and on-site restaurant. Safari Wilderness offers more than 260 acres of pristine wilderness filled with herds of Af- rican and Asian species. The Safari Lodge is a two-story, 14,500-square-foot multipurpose agricultural building, with 360-degree views overlooking the exotic wildlife. Guided safaris by vehicle or camelback are available. Haines City is home to Lake Eva Community Park, which has an aquatic center, banquet hall, band shell, tennis courts, basketball courts and a walking trail alongside Lake Eva. The state-of- the-art banquet hall, overlooking Lake Eva, can accommodate any event up to 1,400 people. In Polk City, Fantasy of Flight offers full-ser- vice meeting and events capabilities in 62,000 square feet of indoor space. The attraction houses the world's largest private collection of vintage aircraft, with more than 40 of aviation's great accomplishments in a rotating display. This Art Deco facility often hosts unique events. SOUTHEAST FLORIDA The Palm Beaches Palm Beach County, including Palm Beach and West Palm Beach, offers nearly 50 miles of At- lantic Ocean beachfront and a bit of the primor- dial Everglades. The county has 39 towns and 15 districts, replete with 40 museums and 200 ►

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - APR 2017