ConventionSouth

MAR 2015

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link: http://conventionsouth.epubxp.com/i/475795

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 41 of 59

⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ M A R C H 2 0 1 5 w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m 42 Helping Hands: Annual CVB Issue S P O N S O R E D C O N T E N T D i s c o v e r U n i q u e M e e t i n g Ve n u e s I n V i r g i n i a B e a c h With the perfect balance of coastal charm, a vibrant downtown district and year-round e vents, Virginia Beach offers a distinct vibe for every meeting. Additionally, nestled where the Atlantic Ocean meets the Chesapeake Bay, Virginia Beach's location makes it easily accessible and a desired meeting location for attendees and planners alike, who can choose from a variety of unique and unexpected meet- ing locations, in addition to more than 10,000 hotel rooms city-wide. Meet on the grounds of an 18 th Century plantation, in the presence of sea life, beneath a rainbow-hued Chihuly chan- delier or steps from the sand and surf of the At- lantic Ocean. All of these options and more are available to make your meeting come to life in a distinct way. In the heart of the Virginia Beach oceanfront lies the Virginia Beach Convention Center, a LEED ® Gold certified facility that continues to elevate the industry standard for its focus on sustainability and affordable elegance. The facility features more than 500,000 square feet of space, including a 150,000-square-foot, exhibit hall, over 29,000 square feet of meeting space and a 31,000-square-foot ballroom, all of which are column free. The Sandler Performing Arts Center, located in the city's upbeat urban area known as Town Center, complete with upscale retail and enter- tainment, offers a contemporary chic venue that provides creative alternatives for meetings and events. The Virginia A quarium & Marine Science Center offers events the ability to immerse themselves in the waters of the Atlantic Ocean and Chesapeake Bay. Groups can delight in the distinctive sea- life settings for as few as 20 to as many as 2,000! The Virginia Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) is known by locals as one of Virginia Beach's hidden gems. MOCA is an award-win- ning facility that features regularly changing exhibits in contemporary media – painting, sculpture, glass, video, installation art and more. It's a vibrant museum with areas com- patible for groups as small as 20 to groups as large as 500. At the oceanfront, along the Virginia Beach boardwalk, the new Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront features 167 all-oceanfront rooms with two oceanfront restaurants and 5,000 square feet of flexible meeting space with a beautiful ocean backdrop. For team building opportunities, excitement awaits delegates at both the Adventure Park at the Virginia Aquarium and iFly Virginia Beach. The Adventure Park, an outdoor, aerial adven- ture park features multiple zip lines and ropes challenge courses that vary in difficulty that takes team-building activities and adventure beyond the boardroom. Other thrill-seeking group activities include iFly Virginia Beach, the city's first indoor skydiving complex. For more information on planning your next meeting in Virginia Beach, go to www.visit virginiabeach.com/meetingplanners. n Todd A. Bertka, CASE, Vice President, Convention Marketing & Sales, Virginia Beach CVB A 2 -year veteran of the hospitality industry, Todd's passionate about delivering on guest experience expectations and growing the hospitality industry in Virginia Beach. (757) 385-6652 tbertka@visitvirginiabeach.com www.visitvirginiabeach.com/ meetingplanners get to know:

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - MAR 2015