ConventionSouth

APR 2015

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link: http://conventionsouth.epubxp.com/i/501303

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 41 of 51

w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m ⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ A P R I L 2 0 1 5 42 A Dynamic Meetngs Market The Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill metroplex has long been known as the Re- search Triangle. However, it could very well be known as the Meetng Trian- gle, as it is full of possibilites for conventons, meetngs and trade shows of all sizes. This dynamic market offers everything for meetng and event plan- ners, from full-fledged urban conventon centers with every amenity to set- tngs that combine the best of technology and accessibility with the prestge and atmosphere of a world-class university campus. Each part of the Trian- gle offers unique opportunites for meetng and event planners, and yet the three are connected and functon as a single market. BY SABE FINK I N S I D E R ' S G U I D E T O T r i a n g l e N O R T H C A R O L I N A N C R A L E I G H C H A P E L H I L L D U R H A M RALEIGH The Raleigh Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) offers one-stop planning assistance. "One of the many services we offer is our award- winning Red Carpet Welcome Program, which assists groups once they have booked their meeting in the Raleigh area. It provides services ranging from welcome signage to marketing and public relations support, as well as communication to local businesses about events and groups coming to the market for an event or meeting," said Julie Brakenbury, Greater Raleigh CVB Director of Convention Services. A new service offered to meeting planners through a partnership with Activate Good, allows service options for meeting attendees. "Planners are increasingly asking about ways that they can give back to the community, and through this alliance with a nonprofit we can tailor voluntourism experiences to a group's interests and available time," Brakenbury said. The Raleigh Convention Center exceeds planners' expectations by simply saying yes to almost any need or request. From service and amenities to flexibility and quality, the convention center's staff care about making events happen. The facility is surrounded by Photos courtesy of Raleigh CVB

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - APR 2015