ConventionSouth

JUN 2015

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link: http://conventionsouth.epubxp.com/i/528945

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 43 of 51

w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m ⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ J U N E 2 0 1 5 44 Dallas & Fort Worth I N S I D E R ' S G U I D E T O T E X A S D BY SABE FINK VIBRANT AND IMPRESSIVE With more than $15 billion in new development, Dallas is destined to be a city of innovation, excitement and success for years to come. Fort Worth is adding entertainment options to its charming cowboy culture, while surrounding cities of Frisco, McKinney and Plano have grown into distinctive destinations with their own special flavors of Texas hospitality. Photos courtesy of Visit Dallas DALLAS As Phillip J. Jones, president and CEO of the Dallas Convention & Visitors Bureau (DCVB) explained, Dallas has a vibrant business en- vironment, impressive accommodations and meeting spaces, the nation's largest urban arts district, the best shopping in the South, 14 ex- citing entertainment districts, a vibrant dining scene, and is known as the most exciting sports city in the country. Easily accessible from all major U.S. cities, as well as from Mexico, Latin America and Canada, Dallas is less than four hours by air from any North American city and DFW International Airport services 38 international destinations. The fourth-busiest airport in the world, it is ranked by Airports Council International as the "Best Airport in North America" for customer service. MEETING IN STYLE The DCVB will customize services to meet specific meeting needs, including promotional assistance for a full year prior to an event. "This campaign recognizes the people in our backyard who seize opportunities to accom- plish big dreams and make Dallas the success- ful metropolitan city it is today," said Jones. "In a city where optimism meets opportunity, local Dallas residents are willing to take the road less traveled to accomplish big things." The Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center is the crown jewel of meeting spaces in Dallas. Located in the heart of downtown Dallas, the facility's public spaces are deco- rated with terrazzo images that tell the story of Dallas and its diverse inhabitants. It has been D A L L A S - P L A N O M A R R I O T T A T L E G A C Y T O W N C E N T E R Surrounded by scenic parks, this venue is convenient to upscale shopping, fine dining and top-rate entertainment.

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - JUN 2015