ConventionSouth

MAR 2015

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link: http://conventionsouth.epubxp.com/i/475795

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 43 of 59

⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ M A R C H 2 0 1 5 w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m 44 Helping Hands: Annual CVB Issue S P O N S O R E D C O N T E N T Located at the intersection of I-75, I-40 and I-81, Knoxville, Tennessee serves as the crossroads of America. The city provides the accessibility you need, the venues you want and the overall experience you've been hoping to find. Knoxville boasts a number of outstanding venues suitable for everything from conventions to sporting competitions. The Knoxville Convention Center serves as the cornerstone of Knoxville's meeting facilities. Located alongside World's Fair Park, minutes from the University of Tennessee, this beautiful, 500,000-square-foot space is ideal for gatherings of all kinds. The Convention Center is located just minutes from Market Square, the heart of Knoxville's walkable downtown. This area is home to shop- ping, dining, and outdoor concerts. A number of Knoxville's finest hotels are within walking dis- tance, and many of the downtown hotels and attractions are located on the free shuttle route provided by Knoxville Trolley Lines. Knoxville is home to a number of festivals, loads of live music, fantastic Civil War sites, a world class zoo, highly acclaimed museums and a unique Urban Wilderness that offers 1,000 acres of adventure within the city limits. These reasons are why more people are plan- ning to gather at the Crossroads in Knoxville. Scan the QR code on this page to access our Meeting Planner Guide. n Jennifer Morris, Senior Director of Sales & Services, Visit Knoxville J ennifer has more than 10 years of experience in the sales and hospitality industry, and is the Senior Director of Sales and Services for Visit Knoxville. (800) 727-8045 jmorris@knoxville.org www.visitknoxville.com get to know: " Ever one raved about the easil walkable cit with our maps and friendl volunteer's assistance; one SEMC member said this was the best (annual meeting) we've had in the past decade." —Susan Perry, Executive Director, Southeastern Museums Conference (SEMC) Plannermonial: C Meetings & Events Come Together At The Crossroads

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - MAR 2015