ConventionSouth

MAR 2015

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link: http://conventionsouth.epubxp.com/i/475795

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 44 of 59

M A R C H 2 0 1 5 ⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m 45 S P O N S O R E D C O N T E N T Helping Hands: Annual CVB Issue V i s i t N e w B e r n F o r B u s i n e s s , B u t S t a y F o r P l e a s u r e Perfectly melding historic charm, natural beauty, and state-of-the-art facilities offering group services, New Bern is a coastal North Carolina destination positioned for business travel and meetings. This picturesque river- front town is situated along the scenic Trent and Neuse Rivers and centrally located along the North Carolina coast. As the colonial cap- ital of North Carolina, you'll find amazing historic attractions and quaint downtown streets that make New Bern a first-class con- vention destination for history buffs, outdoor recreation lovers, and fun-seekers alike. New Bern is easily within reach of a num- ber of major North Carolina locations. The Coastal Carolina Regional Airport, which connects Eastern North Carolina to more than 300 destinations worldwide, is less than three miles from the downtown New Bern River- front Convention Center. The 45,000-square-foot Convention Center includes a 12,000 square foot ballroom, breakout meeting rooms, pre-function and exhibit space, a beautiful waterfront veranda, and it's in close proximity to hundreds of guest rooms. It's designed to give you every- thing you need for a memorable meeting while providing a relaxed, modern environ- ment, ensuring that attendees are entertained, invigorated, and motivated to fulfill your meeting objectives. The New Bern Riverfront Convention Center is also within walking dis- tance of many shops, restaurants, historic homes, gardens and popular attractions, such as Tryon Palace, the Historic Trolley Tour, Birthplace of Pepsi, and New Bern Firemen's Museum. In addition to the New Bern Riverfront Convention Center, Craven County is home to a variety of unique venues and group- friendly attractions, such as the Havelock Tourist & Event Center and the North Car- olina History Center, that not only serve as meeting facilities, but also immerses visitors in the area's culture and natural beauty. n Mary A. Harris, Director, New Bern- Craven County CVB Mary has worked in the hospitality industry for nearly 30 years & in her current position for the last seven years. get to know: (800) 437-5767 or (252) 637-1551 mharris@cravencountync.gov www.visitnewbern.com

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - MAR 2015