ConventionSouth

APR 2015

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link: http://conventionsouth.epubxp.com/i/501303

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 44 of 51

A P R I L 2 0 1 5 ⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m 45 Austn Rocks For Meetngs & Events Austn has a lot going for it, say the folks in the know at the Austn Conven- ton and Visitors Bureau (CVB). The city is the capital of Texas, home of the University of Texas at Austn (UT Austn), and a gateway to Texas Hill Country. "The city has a soundtrack all its own," said Shilpa Bakre, senior communica- tons manager. "More than 250 live music venues flourish with rock, indie, pop and Tejano. We have more than 200 restaurants in the downtown dis- trict with legendary barbecue and farm-to-table cuisine, there are one-of-a- kind boutques lining South Congress and the 2 nd Street District, and we enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine, perfect for a trip to the hill country, a dip in Barton Springs or stand-up paddle boarding on Lady Bird Lake." ‰ I N S I D E R ' S G U I D E T O A u s t i n T E X A S A D. Fran Morley Austin CVB/Todd Kapke

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - APR 2015