ConventionSouth

NOV 2016

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link: http://conventionsouth.epubxp.com/i/749322

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 48 of 59

N O V E M B E R 2 0 1 6 ⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m 49 S O U T H C A R O L I N A South Carolina E V E N T P L A N N E R ' S G U I D E T O SC C O A S T A L F U N The Myrtle Beach Sky Wheel rises 187 feet above the South Carolina coastal city of Myrtle Beach, offering sweeping views of the shoreline, coastal marshes and the city. BY T. WAYNE WATERS Mountains, Midlands and the Coast Provide Appealing Settings The Palmetto State is a sweet spot in the South for event planners. Located midway down the southern half of the Eastern Seaboard, South Carolina bal- ances its Lowcountry Atlantic Coast appeal with the equally enticing hills and mountains of the Upcountry in its Northwest quadrant and the state-capi- tal-centric Midlands. Greenville The modestly sized but surprisingly sophisti- cated Upcountry city of Greenville has become a favored destination for small-ish conferences in recent years. With wonderfully agreeable weather almost year-round and appealing nat- ural and culinary landscapes, Greenville is a meetings-attendee favorite. "Greenville's unique fusion of natural beauty and cosmopolitan cool is why we continue to appear on numerous 'best of' list on both a regional and national scale," said David Montgomery, vice president of sales for VisitGreenvilleSC. "From our award-winning downtown with foodie-favorite restaurants and stunning natural beauty to our great mix of contemporary or historic meeting venues, we have what it takes to put smiles on meeting attendees' faces as they become converts in saying, 'Yeah, that Greenville!'" ► DiscoverSouthCarolina.com

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - NOV 2016