ConventionSouth

NOV 2016

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link: http://conventionsouth.epubxp.com/i/749322

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 51 of 59

⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ N O V E M B E R 2 0 1 6 w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m 52 S O U T H C A R O L I N A Florence Fireflies and friendly folks. "Clemson's newly renovated University Inn adds another layer of dimension to the area's convention space," said Perri Leuck, tourism coordinator with Visit Clemson. "The completely updated hotel has meeting space equipped to hold up to 600 guests in a the- atre-style seating and 350 for a dining event. The modern look of the hotel, paired with the option of in-house catering by the Inn's elegant restaurant, make it the perfect destination for meetings in the area." The Madren Conference Center at Clemson University offers another 17,000 square feet of meeting space and a 107-seat tiered audito- rium. It was renovated last year, as was the 89- room James F. Martin Inn connected to it. Clemson's attractions include the South Car- olina Botanical Gardens, located on the cam- pus, and the Clemson University Outdoor Lab. The campus' Brooks Center for the Performing Arts hosts theatrical and musical performances. Nearby Southern Wesleyan University has its own modestly sized venues, including the Newton Hobson Chapel & Fine Arts Center and Bryant Lodge, the latter located in a park- like setting on a pond. Outdoor recreation is available in the area at Lake Hartwell, a 56,000-acre lake on Clemson's outskirts. Westin Resort, Hilton Head

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - NOV 2016