ConventionSouth

MAR 2015

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link: http://conventionsouth.epubxp.com/i/475795

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 54 of 59

M A R C H 2 0 1 5 ⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m 55 S P O N S O R E D C O N T E N T Helping Hands: Annual CVB Issue Hampton, Va., has cornered the meetings market when it comes to convenience and accessibility. Geographically centered in picturesque Coastal Virginia, the state-of-the-art Hampton Roads Convention Center positions meeting attendees w here opportunity abounds to explore and enjoy. Plus, Hampton is located in the middle of the Mid-Atlantic region and is within easy drive of our nation's most populous metropolitan areas. Delegates convening in Hampton are greeted by scenic waterfront vistas, exceptional facilities, world-class attractions, and an eclectic array of shopping and dining, including the Peninsula Town Center just blocks away. There are 2,000 hotel rooms within immediate proximity of the 344,000-square-foot Hampton Roads Convention Center. Its 35 flexible meet- i ng spaces under one roof include a 102,000- square-foot exhibit hall and a grand ballroom seating 2,000, plus dramatic features like an outdoor terrace overlooking the landscaped grounds. A covered walkway connects the center to a headquarters-quality Embassy Suites Hotel and the iconic 84,000-square-foot Hampton Coliseum arena shares the campus. Hampton also offers unique venues like the Virginia Air & Space Center with the Riverside 3D IMAX Theater and cruise vessels that navigate Hampton Roads harbor while providing elegant settings for mixers. Explore national treasures like Fort Monroe National Monument and island garrison Fort Wool. The American Theatre and Hampton University Museum dating to 1868 completes an extraordinary meeting experience. n H a m p t o n , V i r g i n i a — I n n o v a t i v e M e e t i n g s Fo r 4 0 0 Ye a r s Mary Fugere, CMP, CTIS Director, Hampton CVB Mary Fugere, CMP, CTIS is the Interim Director of t he Hampton CVB and also serves as its Director of Media & Community Relations. She has been active in the tourism and meetings industry for nearly 30 years. get to know: (800) 487-8778 or (757) 722-1222 mary@hamptoncvb.com www.visithampton.com "Hampton Roads Convention Center offers a variet of hotels all within walking distance. When people are driving long distances or fl ing in, it's a real plus for them to be able to simpl park the car and enjo the destination." —Kirk McNeill, VA Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church Plannermonial: C

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - MAR 2015