ConventionSouth

NOV 2014

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link: http://conventionsouth.epubxp.com/i/417213

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 10 of 51

N O V E M B E R 2 0 1 4 ⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m 11 2015 TrendsWatch 61% Use social media to market their meetings 68% to connect with attendees 19% to connect with planners 26% to connect with suppliers 21% to share ideas about #EventPlanning 18% not using social media How To Spend Your Social Time More and more meeting pros are realizing the powerful ca- pabilities of social media web- sites, but just how are you using Facebook, Twitter and others? Where You Spend Your Social Time More and more meeting pros are realizing the powerful capabilities of social media sites. Here are the sites meeting pros use the most: 2% 3% 30% 47% 14% 0 10 20 30 40 50 60 With greater demand comes higher rates, yet before you pick a fight with your hotel rep over rates, ponder this: many planners think rates are reasonable. Percent of Meeting Planners Believe hotel room rates are currently priced at a reasonable rate. Believe hotel room rates are currently priced at a great value. Believe hotel room rates are currently priced too high. 51% 3% 46% Say meeting sites with FREE Internet/WiFi are extremely important when selecting a site. 38% say it's somewhat important. Work With Those Who Will Work With You Work With Hoteliers To Get The Best Rate 57% Seek Meeting Sites With FREE Internet 74% of meeting pros said finding a meeting site rep that has a willingness to negotiate contracts is extremely important to them when selecting an event location. The remaining 26% said a willingness to negotiate was somewhat important.

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - NOV 2014