ConventionSouth

AUG 2014

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link: http://conventionsouth.epubxp.com/i/370600

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 17 of 103

⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ 2 0 1 4 / 2 0 1 5 M E E T I N G S I T E S G U I D E w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m 18 Florida From the beaches to the amuse- ments and entertainment, "The Sunshine State," keeps groups engaged through its upbeat activi- ties, yet laid-back attitude. Here are several ways to infuse Florida's unique Southern Hospitality into your next event held there: 1. Catch some waves. In total, the state brings a geography encom- passing more than 660 miles of beaches to the South. Con- sidered to be "Florida's First Beach" (not only geographically from the northwest, but as the nation's first major settlement attempt in 1559), Pensacola Beach has long been known for its sugar-white sand beaches that stretch more than 52 miles along the Gulf of Mexico. In 2013, these beaches earned the Trip Advisor Travelers' Choice ® Beaches Awards—making it among the numerous award- wining beaches across the state. 2. Savor the sweet tart. Key Lime Pie is a dessert that is found across Florida and especially in South Florida as the small, green Key limes are grown throughout the Florida Keys. 3. Orange it up. Key limes, how- ever, are not the state's only well-known fruit. The orange is by far the fruit that's most associated with the state, and whether juiced, pealed or sliced, it can provide the perfect complement to your menu. ■ A B C D E F G H I 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 City Map Location Page Amelia Island ...........................H2 .............19 Beaches of South Walton ..........B2 .............19 Boca Grande ...........................G6 .............19 Central Florida .........................H6 .............19 Cocoa Beach ...........................H4 .............19 Daytona Beach ........................H3 .............19 Destin/Fort Walton Beach ........B2 .............19 Florida Keys.............................H9 .............20 Fort Lauderdale Area ................I7 .............21 Fort Myers Area .......................G7 .............22 Jacksonville .............................G2 .............22 Kissimmee ...............................H4 .............22 Lakeland ..................................G5 .............22 Live Oak ...................................F2 .............22 Miami .........................................I8 .............22 Miami Beach..............................I8 .............22 Naples/Marco Island................G7 .............23 Navarre Beach .........................B2 .............23 Ocala .......................................G3 .............23 Orlando ....................................H4 .............24 Palm Beach County ..................I6 .............24 Panama City Beach .................C2 .............25 Pensacola ................................A2 .............26 Port Charlotte ..........................G6 .............26 Port St. Lucie.............................I5 .............26 Sarasota ...................................F6 .............26 Seminole ..................................F5 .............26 St. Augustine............................H3 .............26 St. Augustine Beach ................H3 .............26 St. Petersburg/Clearwater........F5 .............26 Steinhatchee ............................E3 .............27 Stuart .........................................I6 .............27 Tampa ......................................G5 .............27 Learn more about where & how to plan meetings in "The Sunshine State" by scanning this tag or visiting www.conventionsouth.com/florida.htm Photo: Visit Florida

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - AUG 2014