ConventionSouth

FEB 2015

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link: http://conventionsouth.epubxp.com/i/467635

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 17 of 51

⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ F E B R U A R Y 2 0 1 5 w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m 18 CONVENTION CENTER F&B TRENDS Here are three ideas from convention centers across the South for serving trendy food and beverage that will have your attendees craving more: Tables To You Have the tables come to you! One of the latest reception trends is hav- ing servers dress up in table-top outfits where they walk around and bring the table of food directly to you. Pictured here, a server passes out hors d'oeuvre at a recent holiday party at the Raleigh (N.C.) Convention Center. n Healthy Indulgence You may not think healthy when you think about chocolate but it's often promoted for its naturalness or nutritional value such as a source of vitamins D and E, sugar-free, or antioxidant-enriched. Dark chocolate is also often touted for being good for the heart and blood circulation. Pictured here, the Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa (Hot Springs, Ark.) Executive Chef Jean Claude prepares Chocolate Raspberry Bars and Hazelnut Truffles. n Garden Fresh The Salad Bar is back. With lo- cally sourced vegetables and menu items that are ideal for vegetarians and/or vegans, offer- ing a salad bar is an affordable and healthy lunch option. Pic- tured here, a salad bar at the Sea Trail Resort and Conference Center in Sunset Beach, N.C. n C O N V E N T I O N C E N T E R S

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - FEB 2015