ConventionSouth

APR 2018

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link: https://conventionsouth.epubxp.com/i/964950

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 17 of 67

⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ A P R I L 2 0 1 8 w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m 18 Awesome Event Sites By Marcia Bradford With its rich heritage, beautiful scenery and wide range of attractions, the South offers meeting planners a full range of WOW! destinations that will attract participants and make them want to return again and again. Take a look at ConventionSouth's top picks for 2017 to find WOW! experiences suitable to all types of meetings and events. FACTOR! WOW the WOW PROFILE: Wonders of Wildlife, Springfield, Missouri INTRO: Johnny Morris' Wonders of Wildlife National Museum and Aquarium WOW FACTOR: The World's Most Immersive Conservation Attraction DESCRIPTION: Voted the #1 Best New Attraction in America by USA Today, this 350,000-square-foot attraction features a 1.5-million-gallon aquarium, 35,000 live fish, mammals, reptiles, amphibians and birds from seven continents and more than 1.5 miles of trails through immersive habitats featuring exhibits from more than 40 leading national conservation organizations. State-of-the-art 4D dioramas completely surround visiting groups within the sights, sounds and smells of the planet's most extreme wildlife habitats. Meticulously recreated lifelike environments offer visitors a portal to the wild, educating them about the importance of conserving the icons of the animal kingdom. WOW!

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - APR 2018