ConventionSouth

APR 2018

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link: https://conventionsouth.epubxp.com/i/964950

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 18 of 67

A P R I L 2 0 1 8 ⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m 19 THE WOW ISSUE! Greensboro, North Carolina INTRO: A Green Destination! WOW FACTOR: The Greenest Hotel In America DESCRIPTION: Proximity Hotel, a AAA Four Diamond property, is the first hotel in America to receive the LEED Platinum certification from the U.S. Green Building Council. In addition to sustainable practices, the hotel features custom- designed furnishings, commissioned art and innovative gathering spaces, creekside dining at Print Works Bistro and loft-like guestrooms Other WOW aspects include the Sheraton Greensboro Hotel at Four Season / Koury Convention Center, often referred to as "a meeting planners dream," and the 57-acre Greensboro Coliseum Complex. For other types of green, the area has many parks that are perfect for picnics, running, mountain biking, strolling and cycling and 90-plus miles of trails and greenways to explore. WOW! WOW PROFILE: INTRO: A Unique 1.4-Million-Acre Wilderness WOW FACTOR: Entertaining, Eco- sensitive Swamp Tours DESCRIPTION: Lafayette is the gateway to adventures on the famous Atchafalaya Swamp, which is home to hundreds of species of birds, fish, and reptiles. McGee's Swamp Tours, founded in 1977, immerse groups from around the world into this natural wonder by offering swamp tours and airboat tours that are entertaining, eco- sensitive and educational. Tour guides have a passion and love for the swamp and take great pride in sharing this beautiful area with guests. Lafayette, Louisiana WOW PROFILE: WOW!

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - APR 2018