ConventionSouth

NOV 2018

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link: https://conventionsouth.epubxp.com/i/1046015

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 26 of 67

SPECIAL FEATURE: CONFERENCE CENTERS N O V E M B E R 2 0 1 8 ⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m 27 a midway and arena area. Hot Hearts, conceived as a one-time event designed to impact students with the message of the Bible, is now in its 30th year. The group hosts about 8,000 students each January at Ford Park. To Bickham's surprise, during recent prepa- rations for the Hot Hearts event, the CVB used its connections to secure TV advertising for the group. Representatives bartered to get TV mar- keting that the group couldn't otherwise afford to fund. "It was refreshing to me to know that the Beaumont CVB wanted a successful event just as much as we did," Bickham said. "They looked for ways to help us and worked out possibilities we didn't even know existed. Their first question is always, 'What can we do to help you?'" Addressing Specific Needs Because groups vary so greatly in size, charac- ter and scope, planners seek ways to tailor their meetings to their members. But it isn't only the group's personality that varies; each group's logistics and requirements also vary greatly. For that reason, groups seek venues that allow them to create unique, original events that spe- cifically address their needs. For many youth and faith-based groups, Peachtree City, Ga., fills the bill perfectly. "We're not a giant tier-one city where a planner will get lost in translation," said Eric Matos, ► YOUTH & FAITH-BASED MEETINGS Fitness Break Session at Ford Park in Beaumont, Texas

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - NOV 2018