ConventionSouth

SEP 2018

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link: https://conventionsouth.epubxp.com/i/1028537

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 34 of 67

S E P T E M B E R 2 0 1 8 ²ConventionSouth ² w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m 35 L O U I S I A N A Reserve the place where New Orleans goes to meet and unwind! Enjoy Southern Hospitality just a beat from New Orleans, experience Jefferson Parish! With two conference centers, themed venues, meeting facilities and over 8,000 hotel rooms, we are ready to host your group. W W W . V I S I TJ E F F E R S O N P A R I S H . C O M | 5 0 4 . 7 3 1 . 7 0 8 3 | T O L L F R E E 1 . 8 7 7 . 5 7 2 . 7 4 7 4 with authentic cultural experiences from foodie favorites like the meat pie, walking and plantation tours, museums, eclectic shopping, kayaking, festivals live music and more," said Katherine Johnson, group tour and special events manager for the Natchitoches Parish CVB. Johnson added that the April 2018 issue of Southern Living recognized Natchitoches as "The Best Small Town in Louisiana" and the same month the town received the "Shining Example Award" in Tourism by the Southeast Tourism Society. Despite its modest size, Natchitoches has a sizable meeting facility in its Natchitoches Event Center. The 40,000-square-foot facility has a 15,000-square-foot exhibit hall, three 1,200-square-foot meeting rooms and an execu- tive board room. It can accommodate up to 1,000 people and has several approved caterers for food. The elegant 87-room Chateau St. Denis Hotel is an alternative for smaller events. The newest development in Natchitoches is the Rue Beauport Riverfront, a public plaza with an amphitheater providing seating for more than 700 people, a live-performance stage and Santa Claus House. Other attractions include Louisiana Sports Hall of Fame and Beau Jardin / Roque House Gardens, a water feature and garden in the Natchitoches Historic District. A short distance southwest of Natchitoches, in Sabine Parish, is Toledo Bend Lake Country, which has two recreational resorts with meeting and event space. Both are situated on Toledo Bend Lake, the largest man-made body of water in the South, and the fifth largest in surface acres in the United States. Cypress Bend Golf & Conference Resort has 95 guest rooms, 11,000 square feet of meeting and event space, 18 holes of championship golf, a spa, restaurants and fishing and boating ameni- ties. Wildwood Resort has lodges and cabins that can accommodate 200 guests, a conference center and pavilion. Alexandria/Pineville One of Alexandria's primary meeting and enter- tainment facilities completed a major renovation and expansion last year. The Rapides Parish Coliseum can seat up to 10,000, following the recent $23 million expansion that also added six meeting rooms, locker rooms and a state-of-the- art catering kitchen. Another large venue, the Alexandria Riverfront Center, offers more than 67,000 square feet of function space, including a 32,000-square-foot Main Exhibit Hall, 4,500 square feet of pre-func- tion space and 12,000 square feet of exterior exhibit space. Two hotels are connected by walk- way; the Holiday Inn Alexandria – Downtown, which has 168 guest rooms and 13,000 square feet of meeting space, and the recently renovated historic Hotel Bentley, with 93 guest rooms and a Grand Ballroom that holds 500. Another facility, the Coughlin-Saunders Per- forming Arts Center is a 614-seat state-of-the-art theater with a 4,600-square-foot lobby and ►

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - SEP 2018