ConventionSouth

JUN 2018

ConventionSouth magazine is the leading resource for meeting planners who book all types of events, conventions, conferences and group travel in the south.

Issue link: https://conventionsouth.epubxp.com/i/989426

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 36 of 59

J U N E 2 0 1 8 ⎜ ConventionSouth ⎜ w w w . c o n v e n t i o n s o u t h . c o m 37 Arkansas E V E N T P L A N N E R ' S G U I D E T O AR B E N T O N V I L L E C I T Y S Q U A R E Located in the middle of downtown Benton- ville, The Bentonville City Square is home to the Saturday Farmer's Market, First Fridays, and many other civic events. It also serves as a true city center, near trails, parks, retail, restaurants and museums. The Walton Five and Dime mu- seum is located on the west side of the square. Two blocks north on Main Street is Compton Gardens, with access to the beautiful Crystal Bridges Trail, overlooking the Crystal Bridges Museum. D. FRAN MORLEY With seven national parks and 52 state parks, plus 2.5 million acres of national forest and more than 600,000 acres of lakes, rivers and streams, Arkansas lives up to its name as The Natural State. Located near the center of the country, the state provides planners with great options for meetings, conferences, events and corporate retreats. At arkansas.com, the state's official travel and tourism site, planners can visit the group travel area to explore meeting and event venues, cities, towns, parks, annual festivals and more in the state's five distinct regions. Northwest Arkansas With more than a half-million residents and one of the fastest-growing metropolitan areas in the country, Northwest Arkansas includes the cities of Fayetteville, Springdale, Rogers and Bentonville. The area is home to the world headquarters of Walmart, Tyson Foods and J.B. Hunt Transport Services, and regional offices of many other Fortune 500 companies, including Procter & Gamble, General Mills, Coca-Cola, Hershey and others. The University of Arkansas in Fayetteville offers planners access to unique meeting facilities; the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art in Benton- ville is widely recognized for its $500 million collection; and the Embassy Suites and John Q. Hammons Convention Center in Rogers has 400 guest rooms and more than 125,000 square feet of meeting space under one roof. Through- out the region, there are more than 7,000 lodg- ing rooms, according to local tourism sources. The Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport (XNA) is convenient to all of the area. It offers non-stop daily service to 16 destinations, in- cluding Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Minneapolis, Atlanta, Orlando, Cincinnati and New York City. A new four-level, 1,400-space parking garage is expected to open later this year. Fayetteville Located at the south entrance to the booming northwest Arkansas region, Fayetteville is a bustling college town that offers planners qual- ity services and unique off-site event options on campus and downtown, with a wide variety of venues suitable for between 10 and 2,500 people, according to Experience Fayetteville. Fayetteville Town Center, located down- town, has flexible space that can seat ► Dan Donovan@St. Louis CVC

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of ConventionSouth - JUN 2018